Kennedys’ dedicated team of legal experts specialise in the management of high profile major cases involving issues of public law and duty.
Public inquiries are unusual in that they reach conclusions on facts but without appointing liability. They often arise from disaster events and include highly sensitive issues.
Our core team has worked together for over 15 years in the field. The experience, dedication, professionalism and technical competence we have can be relied upon to produce high quality, time efficient and cost-aware work.
Our track record includes a number of major public inquiries and other public law and duty cases. We advised a number of public bodies on implications resulting from the Inquiries Act in the UK.
The benefits of our expertise and experience include:
- Over 15 years of shared insight in the ethos and purpose of inquiries and public law and duty cases, including regulatory criminal cases
- Flexibility, by working in both lead and supporting legal roles
- Familiarity in working on cases with media scrutiny
- Regular representation of well-known companies and individuals in coroners' inquests of national significance
- Interviewing methods that include our own method, developed as a result of our experience
- Witness statements requiring very high levels of detail
By way of example, we have acted for organisations at public inquiries following high profile UK rail disasters at Clapham, Southall and Ladbroke Grove. We acted for a number of British military personnel at the Al Sweady Inquiry into allegations of torture and murder by British troops. We currently act for an organisation involved in the management of Grenfell Tower, London, following the fire on 14/06/2017 that tragically claimed 71 lives.
Claims Handling Law and Practice: A Practitioner’s Guide
An invaluable tool for claims handlers, our new edition gives you practical hints and tips for all key areas of claims handling.Find out more