- Acting in a CAR and DSU arbitration following Hurricane loss at a large construction project.
- Acting as coverage counsel on several large machinery breakdown and loss of profits claims at operational power plants across Asia and the Middle East.
- Advising Trade Credit Insurers on pursuit of recoveries
- Advising on CAR/DSU claims in Singapore, Brunei, Malaysia, Thailand, Hong Kong and PRC
- Advising on disputes arising from proportional and non-proportional reinsurance, including quota share, Fac-Oblig, Stop loss, Excess of Loss, Surplus lines and other types of reinsurance contracts
Ben is a Partner in the Singapore office of Kennedys Legal Solutions and advises on all aspects of insurance and reinsurance law, with a strong focus in property, energy, construction & engineering and infrastructure risks.
He has extensive experience in advising on large and complex claims arising from operational power risks, CAR/EAR and related DSU/ALOP, trade credit, security/performance bonds, industrial/commercial product liability, natural catastrophe and losses under multinational insurance programmes.
Ben’s experience includes advising on all forms of reinsurance arrangements and has expertise of facultative and treaty reinsurance disputes. He has acted on disputes in London, New York and across Asia-Pacific.
Ben also advises on recovery claims following property/engineering losses in Singapore, Malaysia, Bangladesh and Thailand.
Ben is a strong supporter of insurance sector in Asia and is a regular speaker at events in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand and is a committee member of the Asia Power Forum.