- Acting for an aged care provider in several Nervous Shock and Compensation to Relatives claims arising from the murder of residents at a facility by a former employee.
- Acting for a WorkCover authority in a claim involving psychiatric injuries as a result of malicious prosecution.
- Acting for a pathology laboratory in a high profile case involving the alleged failure to detect the carrier status of Fragile X Syndrome in the mother of two intellectually disabled children.
- Acting for an out of home services provider in a high profile coronial inquest in respect to the death of a child in out of home care.
- Acting for a psychologist in respect to a complaint involving the sexual assault of a patient in the HCCC.
Shashi is a Senior Associate in Kennedys’ Sydney office. She was admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of NSW in 2012 and the High Court of Australia in 2015.
Shashi advises health practitioners and large hospital groups on medical malpractice and personal injury matters. She represents aged care facilities, pathology libraries and medical centres in both litigated and non-litigated claims ranging from low value, high frequency claims to high value and complex. Her experience includes the Health Care Complaints Commission complaints process and coronial inquests.
Shashi’s practice is informed by work across both insurance and financial services for a reputable global insurer and a financial services institution. She is a member of the Young Insurance Professionals Australia and New Zealand and an active participant in industry events and seminars.
- Qualified in the High Court of Australia, 2015
- Qualified in the Supreme Court of NSW, 2012