- Defended the interests of insurers in a workplace accident where an employee suffered the amputation of several fingers due to the sudden action of a piece of machinery in a factory.
- Represented insurers of an airline in various court proceedings brought by employees in claims of unfair dismissal of pilots, flight attendants and other employees.
- Advised a multinational retail company in the change of ownership of a concession license for several spaces located in Spanish airports, including the corresponding AENA contracts, management and preparation of the necessary documentation regarding labour contracts and the management of dismissals and work leave, as well as the defence and strategic advice in court proceedings and the review and adaptation of the contacts and internal policies of the company to Spanish legislation.
- Advised a leading advertising company on issues arising as a consequence of the dismissal of various employees.
Defended a mutual insurance group (Spanish Mutua), which collaborates with Spanish social security, in court proceedings for claims of disability, contingency, pensions and leave.
Marta is an Associate based in Kennedys’ Madrid office. She is bilingual in Spanish and English and also speaks Dutch.
She qualified in 2005 and has significant experience working for local and international market insurers and reinsurers. She handles the defence and negotiation of claims and is an expert in coverage advice, valuation of damages and reserves, and the evaluation of strategy and evidence. She handles and monitors court proceedings in order to protect the interests of our clients, keeping them informed and advised at all times.
Marta is an expert in professional indemnity and employment liability claims, requiring the assessment of damages and injuries, as well as Spanish social security procedures for claims involving disability and death contingency and pensions. Under professional indemnity she handles matters for our clients’ insured architects, surveyors and health and safety coordinators.
As Marta’s clients are both local and international insurers and reinsurers, her skills in advising on policy wording and the review and adaptation of employers’ liability policies to Spanish legislation are invaluable.
- Qualified in Spain in 2005