- Notable practitioner for 'Clinical Negligence: Mainly Defendant (UK-wide)'
"He has excellent technical knowledge and commercial awareness."
Chambers UK 2019
- Included in the The Best Lawyers™ in the United Kingdom 2019 for Clinical Negligence (London)
- A Notable Practitioner (Band 3) for ‘Clinical negligence: mainly defendant (UK-wide)’
- “Clients describe him as ‘an absolutely brilliant lawyer who knows his cases inside out.’”
Chambers UK 2018
- “‘…incisive lawyer who is widely respected in this field.’”
Chambers UK 2017
- Qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales in 1999.
Nico is a Partner in Kennedys’ London office.
Nico acts on behalf of private healthcare providers, medical malpractice insurers, NHS trusts, NHS Resolution and individual healthcare practitioners in all aspects of litigation and regulatory matters. He also manages a multi-jurisdictional claims handling scheme for a leading international medical malpractice insurer.
He advises on a full range of complex civil claims including obstetric, neurological, orthopaedic, cerebral palsy and multi-party cases.
Nico represents healthcare bodies at inquests. These have included inquests into three maternal deaths at the same trust, deaths in prison and deaths in secure units.
He represents practitioners before their regulatory bodies (General Medical Council, General Chiropractic Council, General Dental Council and General Osteopathic Council) in disciplinary matters.
Nico also advises on medical malpractice policy issues.
Nico regularly lectures on various topics to the healthcare sector and contributes to publications and articles on topics including professional indemnity insurance for healthcare professionals, strengthening corporate accountability in health and social care, no fault compensation for Scotland and non-delegable duty of care.
He is a member of the Forum of Insurance Lawyers (FOIL).
He has excellent technical knowledge and commercial awareness.
Chambers UK 2019