Recommended Lawyer for 'Professional negligence (London)'
"Catherine Shuttleworth ‘leaves no stone unturned’ and is a ‘tenacious and highly knowledgeable lawyer’."
The Legal 500 UK 2018/19
- Described as a “well respected individual” for Insurance and re-Insurance and as “excellent” for Professional Negligence.
The Legal 500 UK 2017
Catherine joined Kennedys in 2003 and has been a partner in the insurance division for 10 years based in London. She has over 20 years’ experience in advising insurers and their insured in professional negligence claims.
Catherine has extensive experience acting in a broad range of professional indemnity practice areas but principally solicitors, accountants, surveyors, insurance intermediaries, IFAs and insolvency practitioners. She regularly advises insurers on coverage in respect of high quantum disputes and has experience of acting in mediations and arbitrations in non-UK jurisdictions, namely Italy and Malta in relation to coverage.
Catherine has acted for a number of high profile firms of solicitors including those in the top rankings and firms which themselves conduct professional negligence claims.
Catherine is also a member of the Forum of Insurance lawyers.
During her career Catherine has been involved in a number of reported cases including:
- Penn v Bristol & West Building Society  1 W.L.R. 1356
- Johnson v Bingley Dyson  P.N.L.R 392
- Buckenham v Dickinson  W.T.L.R 1083
- Colton v Graysons  Lloyd’s Rep. P.N. 80
- T&N Ltd v Royal & Sun Alliance  2 All E.R. (Comm) 939
- AXA Insurance (formerly Winterthur Swiss Insurance Co) v Akther & Darby Solicitors  1 W.L.R 1662
- Muduroglu v Stephenson Harwood  EWHC 29 (Ch)
- Qualified in England and Wales in 1993