Kennedys promotes ten to partnership
We are pleased to confirm that we have promoted six solicitors to our partnership, taking our worldwide partner count to 279.
This adds to the four US partner promotions made in March.
Those promoted to the partnership are:
- Carol Maguire, based in our Dublin office, works on non-contentious matters for a number of commercial companies and local authorities in relation to commercial leases and other property transactions.
- Alexandra Nurse, based in our London office, primarily works on complex reinsurance and insurance coverage disputes, with large market participations. She has experience in the interpretation of financial institutions, professional indemnity, property, energy and mining policies. Alexandra regularly advises markets of insurers or reinsurers on matters of English law, or acts as co-coordinating counsel where policies are governed by other laws or jurisdictions.
- Michael Biltoo who is based in our London office. His main focus of work is in marine insurance and the shipping sector, regularly involved in dispute resolution in dry shipping matters, particularly charterparty disputes. He has experience with carriage of goods by sea disputes, representing cargo insurers in a wide variety of disputes. Michael joined us in 2016 as part of the merger with boutique marine and shipping firm Waltons and Morse and is a regular writer and lecturer on marine and shipping topics, including autonomous ships.
- Adam Blanchard, also based in the London office, has extensive experience acting for insurer clients in relation to their complex and high value claims. His core practice involves handling first and third party claims involving property damage, construction, product liability and professional indemnity matters. He has experience in all forms of dispute resolution and acts for accountants, architects, engineers and solicitors as part of his practice.
- Thom Lumley, based in our Chelmsford office, acts for a range of domestic and international insurers, local authorities, high street retailers and claims handling companies. He has handled a range of employers’ and public liability cases, as well as advising on large loss claims that involve catastrophic injury and fatal accidents. Thom joined Kennedys as a trainee in 2008.
- Wilson Tam, whose practice focuses on liability disputes, is based in our Hong Kong office. He acts for a range of domestic and international clients that include insurers and reinsurers, loss adjustors, listed companies, private clubs, hotels, airlines, airports and aircraft manufacturers. Wilson also has experience handling claims arising from catastrophic accidents, involving paraplegic, tetraplegic and multiple claimants.
I am very pleased to be able to welcome Carol, Alexandra, Michael, Adam, Thom and Wilson to the Kennedys partnership, in addition to our four new partners in the US. All have demonstrated hard work, determination, and have made a real difference to the business.
It is particularly rewarding to be able to see people who have grown with us over a number of years reach such an important milestone in their careers.
Nick Thomas, Senior Partner at Kennedys
Earlier this year we announced that we had boosted our healthcare and employment practices in Australia with a nine-strong team from TressCox to our Melbourne office, as well as a commercial litigation team hire in Peru. We also strengthened our global insurance practice with the hire of a team of five partners from Mayer Brown into our London and Dublin offices in December, which was followed by the appointment of Katherine Proctor as a partner to the London office also. These hires have contributed to a 38% growth of our partnership since April 2017.