25/01/2019 9:30 AM
Fire, fraud, financial accounting and the law
We are delighted to be holding a jointly hosted event with Sedgwick on Friday 25 January 2019.
Our seminar will be split into two halves, the first will involve a case study on soya beans where will we look at:
- Fire risks and self combustible cargo
- Inherent vice
- Bailees duty of care
- Investigations surrounding cargo fires
The second half will focus on a case study relating to a warehouse fire where there is suspicion of fraud on the part of the insured and we shall consider:
- The investigations into a suspected fraudulent fire
- The cost of fraud to the insurance industry
- Risk indicators
- The use of forensic accounts
- The legal approach to fraud in insurance claims
Please note this seminar is now fully booked. If you would like to register your interest and to be added onto our waiting list, please contact our events team.
Registration and breakfast