- Rupert is continuously being named as
- Eminent Practitioner for ‘Insurance Contentious (International Firms) (China) by Chambers Asia Pacific 2012 - 2020
- Leading Individual for ‘Insurance (Hong Kong)’ by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2016 - 2020
- Recommended Lawyer for ‘Dispute Resolution: Litigation (Hong Kong)’ by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2012 – 2020
- Recommended Lawyer for ‘Employment (Hong Kong)’ by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2014 - 2019
- Clients took part in the interviews praise Rupert “has a very deep understanding of Kennedys global capabilities, and as a result he really understands how that works alongside our global strategy”; “He is a phenomenal lawyer who is one of the market leaders”; “He has a great team with him, so anytime we need it we get support”
Gracechurch APAC Report 2017
- A Notable Practitioner (Band 1) for 'Insurance Contentious (International Firms)(China)'
“Rupert Skrine is ‘well respected in the Hong Kong market, with a good knowledge of the local markets and a good technical understanding of complex financial lines products’.”
Chambers Asia Pacific 2018
- A Notable Practitioner (Band 1) for ‘Insurance Contentious (International Firms) (China)'
“Rupert Skrine is an experienced insurance specialist who is well reputed for handling professional and other financial lines claims. He has a commendable track record of defending major international insureds against complex, high-value claims.”
Chambers Asia Pacific 2019
- A Leading Individual for 'Insurance (Hong Kong)'
“Kennedys’ team, led by Rupert Skrine and Richard Bates, is ‘responsive and demonstrates a good understanding of the client's business and the industry’.”
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2019
Rupert Skrine opened Kennedys’ Hong Kong office in 2000 and has been the Senior Partner of the office ever since. He is also now Kennedys’ APAC Managing Partner. He is qualified in England & Wales (1986) and in Hong Kong (1990).
He has over 30 years’ experience in advising a wide spectrum of clients in both contentious and non-contentious matters including all aspects of defence of insureds and other clients against claims for negligence, particularly within the Accounting and Legal professionals.
Rupert serves as committee member of various committees of the Law Society of Hong Kong, clerk to the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal. He is a member of the Hong Kong Federation of Insurers Legal Affairs Committee, Professional Liability Underwriting Society, Hong Kong Insurers Club and the Law Society of Hong Kong.