- A Leading Individual (Band 4) for Dispute Resolution “excellent at translating complex legal issues into digestible form" and is further recommended as a cool-headed, commercial lawyer who "knows how to handle difficult, unusual or unpredictable situations," a talent well suited to her frequent engagement on defamation, professional negligence and other cases entailing significant reputational risk. She headed the team advising Unaoil and three of its owners with regard to litigation against Fairfax Media concerning allegations of bribery and corruption published in the Sydney Morning Herald and other media.
- Chambers and Partners – Dispute Resolution - 2018
- “Leader in her field particularly where financial services providers or individuals in the public eye are concerned”
- Chambers and Partners - Dispute Resolution 2017
- "a very charismatic negotiator who knows when to compromise and when to push hard, and is good at getting the appropriate outcome"
- Chambers and Partners – Dispute Resolution - 2015
- 'Up and Coming'
- Chambers and Partners - 'Dispute Resolution - 2016
- A Recommended Lawyer for Dispute ResolutionLegal 500 Asia Pacific, 2014 – 2017.
- “Strong both technically and commercially.”
Rebekah is Partner in Kennedys’ Sydney office specialising in reputational risk, commercial litigation and dispute resolution.
Rebekah acts for a broad range of clients ranging from high profile individuals to insurers, in Australia and other common law jurisdictions. She advises professionals dealing with all types of reputational risk including disciplinary/regulatory matters, regulatory investigations and prosecutions (ASIC, ACCC, ATO), defamation claims, sporting disputes and acts in a broad range of commercial disputes. Rebekah has a particular interest in privacy, cyber and media matters.
In addition to her private practice, Rebekah serves on industry boards and committees including the Centennial Parklands Foundation and Greater Western Sydney Football Club (GWS Giants). She is a Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors and Ambassador for the Fertility Research Clinic at the Royal Hospital for Women Foundation. Rebekah is former secretary of the Association for Women in Insurance and sat on the Litigation Law & Practice Committee of the Law Society of NSW.
In 2017 Rebekah was honoured with the Alumni Award for Excellence from the Faculty of Law from her alma mater, the University of Technology Sydney.