- Mirus Australia Pty Ltd v Nicholas Gage  NSWSVC 1046
- Ingersole v Castle Hill Country Club Limited  FCCA 450 – Successfully defended an Adverse Action claim;
- Moody Kiddell & Partner Pty Ltd v Benjamin John Arkell & Ors  FCA 1066 – Successfully established a breach restraints of trade, the destruction of evidence during Court proceedings and the abuse if Court process had occurred;
- R v UI-Haque  NSWSC 1251 – Successfully challenged the admissibility of evidence relied upon by the Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions, resulting in the withdrawal of terrorism related offences; and
- Regina v Khazaal  NSWSC 1353 – Successfully defended the right to a person to appoint his or her legal representative of their choice.
Justin is a partner in Kennedys’ Sydney office. He was admitted in 2005 and practices principally in employment liability, industrial relations and workplace safety law. Prior to joining Kennedys in November 2017, Justin worked at a leading national law firm.
Justin represents a range of clients including insurers, large corporates and SMEs, and all levels of government. He is known for his litigation expertise. Justin’s expertise includes:
Strategic and proactive management of all aspects of employment relations including employment contracts, termination of employment, discrimination, harassment and EEO issues, workplace policies and procedures, enterprise bargaining, mergers and acquisitions;
Executive employment, industrial disputes and resolution;
Specialisation in post-employment restraints, intellectual property and confidential information matters;
Extensive experience in adverse action, unfair dismissals and complex litigation;
Investigating allegations of serious misconduct misappropriation of property and funds and corrupt conduct;
Advocate before the State and Federal Courts (including High Court of Australia), Fair Work Commission, NSW & Australian Crime Commissions and ASIO hearings; and
Conducting training on employment relations and Work Health & Safety compliance.
Justin advises on effective employee management, the protection of confidential information and intellectual property, executive dispute mitigation, misconduct in the workplace, and the changing landscape of Australian labour law. His unique experience in insolvency and criminal law is invaluable to external appointments, work health & safety prosecutions, investigative matters and regulatory audits.
A Committee Member of the Industrial Relations Society of NSW, Justin has been consistently named in Best Lawyers Australia for Labour and Employment law.