- Acted for one of the defendants in several of 2010 earthquake in Chile, including pleas at the Chilean Supreme Court.
- Representing the reinsurance panel in construction cases and aquaculture claims.
- Advised buyers in a major transnational merger between the Chilean subsidiaries of two international insurance companies in 2016.
- Successfully defended insurer in an arbitration related to coverage arising of the volcano erupcion in Chile in 2013.
- Succesfully defended insurer in an arbitration related to coverage arising of the rescue of a ship.
- Qualified in Chile in 1998
Mario is a partner in Kennedys’ Chile office, where he heads up the insurance and reinsurance practice group. He qualified in Chile in 1998, and specialises in insurance and reinsurance matters and claims relating to insurance claims, coverage disputes and policy wordings. He has been practicing in the area of insurance defence and insurance-related litigation for over 20 years.
He has handled cases on a wide array of subject matters, including insurance, contracts and managing complex insurance claims related to property, public liability, construction and engineering, contractors’ all risks, erection all risks, delay in start-up and business interruption. Mario also advises on commercial and regulatory matters.
Mario is a board member of AIDA Chile – Chilean Insurance Law Association, and also of the Chilean Bar Association.