- Arbitrator in an energy dispute concerning crude-oil production off the coast of Angola.
- Arbitrator in a reinsurance litigation concerning multi-year terrorist attacks on a pipeline in Colombia.
- Representing, over the years, several US component manufacturers in the aviation industry concerning litigations in France with international implications.
- Representing a Japanese reinsurer in an arbitration dispute arising out of the 9/11 attacks.
- Representing one of the largest tyre manufacturers in its commercial litigations in France.
Christian is the lead partner of our Paris office.
His considerable experience spans four decades, with particular expertise in insurance, reinsurance and commercial litigation (both before French Courts and arbitral tribunals), especially in matters relating to professional or product liability within aviation, pharmaceuticals, energy, chemicals, construction and environmental pollution.
He is regularly appointed as arbitrator and has often been instructed to act as expert on French law before foreign courts (including England and the US).
He is regularly cited and recommended in legal directories with clients maintaining that his “…personality, integrity and wisdom surpass his professional knowledge.” He is also described as “a renowned and highly regarded lawyer… a long-standing specialist and extremely respected lawyer who is ‘universally acclaimed for his dexterity in negotiations…’ and ‘one of the most respected figures in the French legal landscape’ who deserves ‘an A-plus for tremendous work, concluded in a timely fashion…his peers sing his praises as a ‘delightful human being” (Chambers Europe, 2016). Aside from his activity as Avocat à la Cour, Christian has been a member of the Board of Paris Re up to its merger with PartnerRe.
Christian is the General Secretary of the Association Internationale du Droit des Assurances France (AIDA-France). He is also a member of the Association Française d’Arbitrage (AFA), the International Association of Claim Professionals (IACP), the Centre Français d’Arbitrage d’Assurance et de Réassurance (CEFAREA) and the Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel (FDCC).
He is a former Board member for the American Arbitration Association (AAA), and vice-chair of the European Leadership Council at the Defense Research Institute (DRI).