- Representing insurers of a global financial institution in relation to a $344 million loss arising out of the submission of fraudulent documents under an accounts receivable financing program.
- Representing insurers of a global financial institution in relation loss of $750 million arising from employee dishonesty and unauthorized trading.
- Defending the insurers of a US regional bank in litigation arising from a $108 million loss from a life settlement structured finance program.
- Representing the insurers of a global financial instruction in relation to a $580 million loss arising from authorized trading in natural gas options.
- Defending insurer of a private equity firm in litigation arising from a loss of $96 million from the handling of pension benefits in a corporate acquisition.
- Represent the insurers of a fantasy sports site in connection with multi-million dollar losses arising from regulatory and civil litigation.
- New York
- US District Court, Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- Emory University School of Law, JD
- Wake Forest University, BA (cum laude)
John is a Partner in our New York office and has primarily built his reputation representing financial institution insurers in a range of insurance matters. His experience, developed over the last 25 years, extends well beyond the financial sector.
A number of high profile insurers across the US, Canada, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe and Asia have turned to John for his insights in fidelity, commercial crime, professional liability, directors and officers liability and media liability. He has been tapped to represent many leading insurers in high exposure claims. These cases have involved a diverse range of insurance issues arising from financial institution bonds, commercial crime bonds, professional indemnity policies, D&O liability policies, social media policies, asset management liability policies, and mortgage banker bonds.
John has an extensive background in international banking and commercial law, bank regulation, commercial paper, funds transfers, payment systems, securities, letters of credit and bank fraud. He has represented insurers in many high-profile matters, through both pre-litigation and analysis, to coverage litigation and dispute resolution.