- Advised international reinsurers on the application of the exchange control system in the handling of claims and interpretation of payment clauses in policies subject to Venezuelan law.
- Coordinated global instruction involving more than 52 jurisdictions addressing regulatory queries from reinsurer with international operations.
- Completed licensing/registration processes in Latin America for international reinsurers and followed up on renewals.
- Assisted in the adaptation process of policy wordings for new products to be offered in Latin America by international reinsurer.
- Qualified in Venezuela in 2005
Lorena is a Foreign Legal Consultant in Kennedys’ Miami office. She qualified as a lawyer in Venezuela in 2005.
Lorena works for major insurers and reinsurers on large and complex claims in Venezuela and Latin America. Her experience is also focused on regulatory matters and providing legal assistance to international reinsurers and intermediaries to comply with the regulatory framework for insurance activity in Latin America and the Caribbean. In addition, Lorena handles medical malpractice claims.
Before joining Kennedys in 2012, Lorena worked for a boutique law firm in Venezuela for six years and she has more than 10 years of legal experience in Latin America.
Lorena is the main researcher for the third edition of The Guide of insurance and reinsurance law in Latin America and Iberian Peninsula.