- Handled a claim filed by the state electric company in Ecuador against a local insurer in 2006 for US$1.6m linked to BI.
- Provided legal coverage advice to reinsurers for damages caused by the earthquake in Ecuador on 16 April 2016.
- Provided liability coverage review and handled physical damages claim suffered in a power generation plant in Honduras.
- Provided liability coverage review of the losses related to the tornadoes that occurred in Buenos Aires, Argentina on 4 April 2012, which caused damage to the electricity distribution network causing power outages, affecting numerous clients. The quantum is estimated at US$1.8m.
- Provided liability coverage review for the lost in hole of oil drilling equipment/tools related to force majeure in Bolivia.
- Qualified in Cuba in 2004
- Foreign Legal Consultant, not authorized to practice Florida law; per the Florida BAR
Daniel is a Foreign Legal Consultant in Kennedys’ Miami office. He qualified as a lawyer in Cuba in 2004 and has a master’s degree in insurance from the University of Salamanca, Spain. Daniel also worked for two years as a legal advisor in the Cuban Auditing Ministry.
Daniel gained almost 10 years of experience in the insurance and reinsurance industry from working for the largest insurance company in Cuba ESICUBA, in sales and in the reinsurance department.
Daniel has international experience in marine and aviation insurance in Cuba, handling insurance claims related to property, marine and aviation liability, hull, baggage, cargo, personal injury and general aviation. Daniel has also worked in policy coverage analysis.
He is currently handling insurance disputes related to property, oil and gas, and general liability among others. He worked on the OCP claim, the largest pollution matter in Ecuador, where around 11,000 barrels of crude oil spilled into the Santa Rosa River affecting the communities settled on the riverbanks.