- Acting for international reinsurers on the highest profile energy losses in Mexico in the last decade, both onshore and offshore.
- Acting for a large international insurer under a number of policies on the largest loss of life, injury and damage to property loss in Mexico in the last 30 years, related to the first joint venture between the Mexican oil company and a large multinational company.
- Acting for reinsurers on the liability programme for a Mexican electricity company.
- Acting for various insurers following storm/hurricane damage caused by hurricane Odile in Mexico.
- Acting for international insurers in a variety of complex financial market losses in Mexico, including errors and omissions coverage as well as directors’ and officers’ liability.
- Qualified in England and Wales in 2008
Mike is the founding partner of the Mexico City office as well as the Head of Large or Complex Claims and Reinsurance for Mexico.
Mike joined Kennedys in 2011 on relocating to Miami from London. Originally from Mexico, he is an English qualified solicitor and a Mexican qualified lawyer and commenced his legal career with a leading law firm in London in 2006. He is one of Mexico's foremost legal experts in insurance matters. He specialises in insurance and reinsurance coverage advice and dispute resolution and has vast expertise in Latin America and more particularly in Mexico.
As the Head of Large or Complex Claims and Reinsurance, Mike is the key contact on large or complex claims and reinsurance matters in Mexico in all industry sectors including liability, energy, property including business interruption and advance loss of profits, mining, marine, aviation, directors & officers, errors & omissions, catastrophic risks, engineering risks and operational policies in Mexico.
Mike regularly speaks at industry events and publishes on matters concerning the insurance industry in Mexico and the Latin American region. He is a native English and Spanish speaker and also works in Portuguese and French.