- Successfully defending in its entirety a complex claim against an HNW involving allegations of breach of fiduciary duty and misappropriation of LLP assets
- Obtaining summary judgment for a Claimant in a substantial case involving defective agricultural supplies (value over £5m), disposing of an abuse of process and securing an interim order for payment of circa £0.5m pending trial
- Defeating a summary judgment claim against personal guarantors with a value of £16m
- Obtaining substantial damages (circa £3m) for a supplier of seafood following breach of a distributor agreement by a major household name
- Advising a major FX trader with international operations regarding risk management and their legal obligations in a cross-border context where trading contracts had been affected by third party fraudulent activities
- A senior member of the legal team involved in a successful multi-million pound claim involving allegations of mis-selling and LIBOR related misrepresentation
- Qualified in England and Wales in 1995
John is a Senior Associate in Kennedys’ Manchester office. He qualified in 1995 in England and Wales and became an Accredited Mediator in 2004.
John represents businesses and high net worth individuals in complex and substantial commercial litigation and also litigious private client matters. His sector specialisms include retail, manufacturing, technology and the Banking/Financial services sector.
John is an advocate of the wide use of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) including mediation. He has acted as mediator in 25 mediations to-date with a particular emphasis on shareholder disputes and contentious trust and probate matters.