- Successfully defended claims against insurer for up to €8 million by pharmaceutical distributors in different countries for large losses caused by contaminated medication. Successful settlement with each of the claimants.
- Successful declinature of coverage on behalf of reinsurers in relation to €5.8 million claim under policy for machinery breakdown at a cogeneration plant.
- Drafted all risks marine policy wording to be implemented in Spain.
- Provided comparative analysis on the different scenarios of an insured’s liability towards potential claims under three different jurisdictions (Spanish, English and French) for a €50 million loss caused by the breakdown of a penstock in a hydraulic plant.
- Defended aviation schools, instructors and liability insurers in aviation accidents.
- Defended insurers of directors and officers accused of bribery by paying large sums of money to a Spanish political party in exchange for awarding public works.
- Defended cargo insurers in underinsurance dispute.
- Defended insureds covered under marine liability policies.
Olivia is a partner in Kennedys’ Madrid office and is qualified in three jurisdictions: Spain (since 2006), Belgium (since 2004) and England and Wales (since 2015). Fluent in Spanish, English, French and Dutch, she is able to report in any of these languages.
A specialist in marine, product liability, construction, property, aviation and energy, her client base includes insurers and reinsurers writing risks in Spain. She regularly defends insurers and reinsurers and advises on coverage and policy wordings.
Olivia has an extensive background in transportation law, including marine, road and aviation. She advises cargo insurers and marine liability insurers and has drafted policy wordings to be implemented in Spain. Olivia is appointed to act in a range of disputes, including CMR disputes, coverage disputes under the International Chamber of Commerce and charterparty disputes. She also has specialist expertise relating to directors’ and officers’ and travel accidents.
She leads the travel team and cyber team in Spain and is involved in many of Kennedys’ strategy groups. Her triple qualification provides added value for international claims and she is often instructed for large and complex losses.
Olivia is a member of the Spanish Young Insurance Professionals Group, Spanish Maritime Law Association, Women in International Shipping and Transport Association, Madrid and Brussels Bar Associations, and Solicitors Regulation Authority.
She is also a regular speaker at international seminars to explain the Spanish legal system to foreign underwriters and claims managers.