- Shipbuilding and financing of bunkering tankers, a Navy training ship, polar trawlers, anchor handling vessels, salvage vessels, research and oceanographic vessels, racing and mega-yachts.
- Ship purchase, reflagging of several vessels at Malta, Madeira, Marshall Islands etc.
- Salvage procedures involving Navy helicopters, tugs and cruises.
- Arbitration in connection with the defective design of passenger vessels.
- Heavy lifts incidents and fires on car carriers’ cargo holds.
Jose is an Associate in Kennedys’ Madrid office. He qualified in Spain in 1998.
His practice areas include marine and ports, contracts, insurance and reinsurance, regulation, public liability, financing, aviation and regulatory defence.
Jose is an expert in marine, logistics and ports, handling matters for ship owners, shipyards, marine insurers and reinsurers, and port authorities. He is experienced in drafting contracts, dispute resolution, litigation, recovery actions and policy interpretation and handles both contentious and non-contentious cases.
He regularly writes for publications and is a member of the Spanish Maritime Association and the International Ports Law Association. He is also a lecturer for the Master's Degree in Shipping Business and Maritime Law Program, which is a joint program between the Spanish Maritime Institute and the Comillas Pontifical University.
- Qualified in Spain in 1998