- Recommended Lawyer for 'Professional negligence (London)'
The Legal 500 UK 2018/19
- Recommended Lawyer for insurance and reinsurance litigation
The Legal 500 UK 2017
- Described as: "...very proactive, gets the job done. We have a good relationship where trust has been built.” and "...understands what we need and is able to deliver that in an impartial manner".
The Gracechurch London Market Insurance Law Report 2016
- "His quality and advice on claims is excellent".
The Gracechurch APAC Market Insurance Law Report 2017
- Tom qualified in England and Wales in 1998
Tom is a London-based partner, who specializes in advising reinsurers on large and complex first party and third party claims.
His first party claims include advising on coverage for property and energy claims. He is particularly focused on advising on complex losses and litigated/arbitrated disputes and in pursuing subrogated recoveries in multiple jurisdictions.
Tom also specialises in providing coverage advice and defending complex professional negligence claims for construction professionals, solicitors and accountants.
He has significant experience in Bermuda Form Arbitrations.
Notable recent instructions include coverage advice on a US$600 million refinery fire claim Argentina, a US$125 million mining claim in Australia and a $500 million loss arising from a fire and explosion at a petrochemical plant in the Czech Republic.
Tom has also recently advised professional indemnity insurers on a number of coverage issues, including aggregation and dishonesty exclusions. He defended insurers in a seven week trial on a US$70 million professional negligence accountants claim, named by The Lawyer as one of their “top 20 cases of 2016”.
Tom is a member of the Associate of The Chartered Insurance Institute, and the Forum of Insurance Lawyers.