- Roger acted for insurers in Dowson v Chief Constable of Northumbria Police, successfully defending claims for £2.5m for bullying and harassment.
- McLennan v Hartford Europe Ltd. Successfully defended a £1.5m claim by an employee who alleged to have suffered chronic pain due to stress.
- Managing a £1.5m claim by an employee who suffered a serious injury to his right foot when a one tonne weight fell on it, resulting in a below-the-knee amputation three years later.
- Dealing with a £1m above-the-knee amputation claim, where an employee suffered a splinter injury from a wooden pallet which subsequently became infected.
- Settled an employers’ liability claim, estimated at £1.75m, for £500,000 for a closed-head injury resulting in cognitive impairment where liability and quantum were in issue.
- Qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales in 1992
Roger is a partner based in our London office. He has been with Kennedys since 1992.
His clients include large composite insurers, Lloyd’s syndicates, managing general agents, and large corporates.
Roger has a specialist focus on large loss and catastrophic injuries, including brain and spinal injury, amputations, brachial plexus injury, severe psychiatric injury (including work-related stress), chronic pain and loss of senses.
He also specialises in jurisdiction and applicable law issues, as well as disease claims including industrial deafness, asbestos-related conditions, dermatitis and respiratory diseases including asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
Roger regularly writes articles for insurance and legal journals.
He lectures in-house to insurers and externally to legal professionals and claims handlers on insurance-related topics e.g. personal injury (employers’ and public liability), insurance coverage and civil procedure.
- He is a member of the Forum of Insurance Lawyers and Travel and Tourism Lawyers Association.