- Notable practitioner (Band 1) for 'Clinical Negligence: Mainly Defendant (UK-wide)'
"She has a very good understanding of the bigger picture of any legal issues that need resolving, and provides clear and sensible advice."
Chambers UK 2019
- Leading Individual for 'Medical Malpractice - defendant (London)'
"…Janet Sayers, who is recommended for her 'leadership and strategy'."
The Legal 500 UK 2018/19
- Included in the The Best Lawyers™ in the United Kingdom 2019 for Clinical Negligence (London)
- Comes “highly regarded for her ‘forensic approach”.
Chambers UK 2016
- “Excellent leader Janet Sayers heads the group …”
The Legal 500 UK 2015
- Leading Individual and Recommended Lawyer
The Legal 500 UK 2016 and 2017
- "Janet Sayers has strong experience handling cerebral palsy, spinal injury and anaesthetic-related claims…"
The Legal 500 UK 2016
- She is dual qualified, in England and Wales (1981) and Northern Ireland (1996)
Janet is a partner and head of Kennedys’ Healthcare division. She is also a member of Kennedys’ strategy board.
Based in our London office, Janet handles a wide range of claims for NHS and private hospitals including cerebral palsy, paediatrics and spinal injuries. She also advises medical malpractice insurers on policy issues and provides health law advice to hospitals and healthcare practitioners.
Janet implemented one of the first structured settlements in the country in 1991 and represented the defendant NHS Trust in one of the UK’s highest clinical negligence award. Janet also acts for healthcare practitioners at disciplinary hearings before their regulatory bodies, as well as representing hospitals and healthcare practitioners at inquests.
Janet regularly contributes to Kennedys’ healthcare brief and is a co-author of Kennedys’ Claims Handling Law and Practice Guide, having written the chapter on medical negligence claims.
She is also a member of the Forum of Insurance Lawyers.