- Recommended Lawyer for 'Construction (non-contentious) (London)'
"James Shaw, whose ‘wide experience and knowledge are invaluable’."
The Legal 500 UK 2018/19
- Notable practitioner for'Construction: Supplier (London)'
Chambers UK 2019
- "‘has a considerable breadth of knowledge of contract law and as such can quickly isolate the key issues.’”
Chambers UK 2018
- "[James] Shaw is ‘always mindful as to what is important to the client and how this should be communicated’."
The Legal 500 UK 2017
- James is qualified in England and Wales (1979) and Northern Ireland (1996)
James is a Partner in Kennedys’ London office.
The focus of his practice is the design, development and implementation of commercial solutions, contract advice, drafting and negotiation. This includes commercial joint ventures; insurance terms of business and policy wordings; construction contracts, professional appointments and performance bonds; and general commercial, regulatory and compliance advice.
James has over 30 years’ experience advising Kennedys’ private and public sector corporate and commercial clients, including in the corporate/commercial, construction, insurance, healthcare and travel sectors.