- Leading Individual and Recommended Lawyer for 'Health and safety (London)'
"Daniel McShee, who is 'a superstar with encyclopaedic health and safety knowledge'."
The Legal 500 UK 2018/19
- Recommended Lawyer for 'Health and safety (Yorkshire and the Humber)'
The Legal 500 UK 2018/19
- Star Individual for 'Health and safety (UK-wide)'
'Sources describe him as "a standout lawyer," adding that "he has technical knowledge and a layer of pragmatism with great expertise in case law."'
Chambers UK 2019
- Included in the The Best Lawyers™ in the United Kingdom 2019 for Health and Safety Law (London)
- Ranked as Star Individual, one of only seven lawyers in each practice area across the UK to be given “star” status.
Chambers UK 2016 - 2018
- "Just brilliant - legally astute, tactically sound and great at managing the team."
Chambers UK 2018
- He is is "‘frighteningly intelligent and knowledgeable and knows everything about health and safety,’ say sources. He was the lead lawyer acting for Merlin Entertainments in an investigation following a roller coaster crash at Alton Towers."
Chambers UK 2017
- Leading Individual and Recommended Lawyer
"Daniel McShee, [who] is ‘a client’s dream’ and ‘one of the best known lawyers in this field’…"
The Legal 500 UK 2017
- Qualified in England and Wales in 1997
- MA in Health and Safety Law and Environmental Law in 2001
Daniel is a partner in the Regulatory team based in our London office. He is Head of Regulatory. He qualified in England and Wales in 1997 joining Kennedys in 1995.
Daniel specialises in regulatory defence work, particularly health, safety and environment (HSE) investigations and prosecutions together with numerous ancillary inquests and public inquiries for all industries. He is regularly sought out by corporate clients directly to deal with their crisis management and investigations following major incidents.
Daniel has been involved in some of the most high-profile health and safety matters over the last 20 years. He has a long history of managing work at a senior level. Daniel has acted for numerous companies and directors in high-profile and sensitive prosecutions and inquests involving fatalities and serious injuries where he has been specifically selected due to his market standing.
Together with a number of like-minded specialist HSE lawyers, he established the Health and Safety Lawyers Association (HSLA) and sat as a committee member for seven years. The HSLA is now a highly successful and influential national organisation aimed at promoting and developing health and safety law with a specific focus on promoting the expertise of its members in dealing with health and safety law.
Daniel frequently delivers training to clients and regularly writes for the Kennedys Health and Safety bulletin. He is also a co-author of Kennedys' Claims Handling Law and Practice Guide.
Daniel is a member of the Forum of Insurance Lawyers.