- Recently acted for London Market and Bermuda excess insurers in anti-suit injunction proceedings in the English High Court, to restrain proceedings in the USA.
- Acted for excess insurers in a significant London arbitration regarding coverage for US patent infringement liabilities.
- Acting in various Bermuda form arbitrations relating to liability for US pharmaceutical losses.
- Advising UK insurers on various high value coverage disputes relating to historic child abuse.
- Advising on numerous policy coverage issues relating to Environmental liabilities insurances.
Carole is a partner in the insurance division of the London office. She qualified in 1988. Carole specialises in advising primary and excess insurers and reinsurers on coverage issues often relating to international disputes.
She advises on coverage under all types of insurance policies, but in particular has considerable experience of liability and environmental policies; including the interaction of different coverages in global programme master policies.
She has recently dealt with a wide variety of complex high value claims, including advising insurers on coverage relating to patent infringement liability insurance, coverage for historic negligence in public office, coverage for US oil rig damage and liabilities for defective pharmaceutical products. She is experienced in arbitrations under Bermuda form policies.
In the environmental field she had advised on coverage for waste dump nuisance claims, including odours and noise, toxic fumes and ash during major fire at a fibreboard factory affecting a neighbouring estate of 1,600 homes, and pollution from an onshore oil pipeline.
In addition, Carole has significant expertise in acting for primary and excess reinsurers in the defence of claims under public liability, professional indemnity, property and personal accident policies.
She is a member of the Forum of Insurance Lawyers (FOIL) and is an Associate of the Chartered Insurance Institute. Carole regularly contributes to our publications and client seminars. She is a contributor to the new Kennedys Claims Handling Guide, to be published in the Spring.
- Qualified in England and Wales in 1988