- Advised London Market insurers on policy attachment following €100 million claim against a foreign bank arising out the bank’s role as custodian.
- Advised insurers on policy attachment following €14 million claim against an insured asset manager arising out of unexpected currency fluctuations and the erroneous hedging of shares.
- Advised insurers on policy response following investigation by the Pensions Regulator into high-profile pension trustees.
- Successfully defended IFA before FCA in respect of an investigation into their alleged misconduct.
- Negotiated favourable settlements in coverage disputes involving claims for reimbursement under D&O policies.
Brigid specialises in financial lines (both coverage and defence), and frequently advises on policy issues arising in respect of professional indemnity/civil liability, and directors’ and officers’ liability (D&O) policies across all financial lines classes.
Brigid has significant experience in advising primary and excess layer insurers and reinsurers on a broad range of policy types and issues. She has acted in many policy disputes (including those involving arbitration and mediation) in respect of policies issued to, by way of example, financial institutions, pension trustees, solicitors, investment funds, fund managers, and independent financial advisors (IFAs).
Brigid frequently acts in the defence of claims made by third parties against a range of professionals, including corporate trustees, solicitors, insurance brokers, IFAs, and construction professionals. She also has claims handling experience, having been seconded twice to London Market insurance companies. Brigid regularly presents seminars to insurers on financial lines risks and is a contributing author to Kennedys’ Trends Reports.
Brigid qualified in New Zealand in 2008 and has also been admitted to the Supreme Court of New South Wales and the High Court of Australia.