- Advised London Market insurers on coverage issues arising out of multi-million US dollar misappropriation claims.
- “MSC Flaminia” – acted for cargo insurers worldwide in defending against claims in salvage and general average and pursuing (an ultimately successful) recovery in the US courts against carriers/third parties.
- Advised cargo interests and their insurers on numerous occasions in relation to contamination of petroleum products and pursuing recoveries against vessel interests.
- “CCNI Rimac”- defending claims in salvage and general average and pursuing a recovery against vessel interests (including the colliding vessel) in the Hong Kong courts.
- Qualified in England and Wales in 2012.
Andrew is a Senior Associate in Kennedys’ London office specialising in marine insurance. He qualified as a solicitor in 2012 before joining Kennedys in 2016.
Andrew has extensive experience in advising cargo insurers (including Lloyd’s syndicates and the company market) in relation to disputes arising out of the carriage of goods by sea (including piracy). Andrew regularly advises insurers on liability and coverage issues, including drafting policy wordings. He also acts for cargo insurers in defending claims for both salvage and general average as well as pursuing recoveries against shipowners arising out of casualties at sea.
After a career in international sales, Andrew spent five years as a claims handler at the Spain and South America desk of Britannia P&I.
A fluent Spanish speaker, Andrew is regularly instructed by London Market insurers and reinsurers in cases with a Spanish/South American context. He was a speaker at the 2017 ALSUM conference in Lima.
Andrew is a member of the Forum of Insurance Lawyers (FOIL).