- Advised a major US insurance company on a significant claim regarding damages caused by floods.
- Advised and represented professional indemnity insurers on claims under a professional group policy.
- Represented a major insurance company in a €19 million claim against a liable third party.
- Advised an aircraft company in relation to a €20 million international financial operation involving an aircraft.
- Legal adviser for Lisbon City Hall on matters such as public contracts and liability.
- Qualified in Portugal in 1989
Paulo is a Partner and head of Kennedys’ Lisbon office. He qualified in Portugal in 1989 and speaks fluent Portuguese, English and Spanish. He also speaks French.
He is a highly experienced lawyer specialising in contentious, non-contentious and arbitration matters. He advises and represents local and international insurers and reinsurers, banks, financial institutions and companies.
Paulo specialises in civil and professional liability, clinical negligence, and commercial and corporate law. His experience includes dealing with major catastrophic claims; drafting policy wordings for international insurers and reinsurers in the UK, Spain, Portugal, Brazil and Angola; and advising a telecommunications group on corporate and contractual matters.
He is an active member of the International Bar Association; the Association Internationale de Droit des Assurances (Portuguese Chapter); and the Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel.