- "Client praises that Joanie Ko 'provides fast responses and is a proactive partner'"
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2017
- "Interviewees comment that 'She is very approachable; she always gives a very honest and balanced view in her advice' and 'Her analysis of very complex legal issues is thorough'"
Gracechurch APAC Report 2017
- "Up-and-coming partner Joanie Ko enters the rankings this year for her skilful handling of contentious insurance matters. A client remarks: 'Availability would be a good strength,' adding: 'She never misses my deadlines and would go above and beyond to deliver. I appreciate that.'"
Chambers Asia Pacific 2018
- "Joanie Ko is an up-and-coming insurance litigator whose counsel is sought by major insurers in relation to a range of coverage claims. She focuses primarily on handling financial lines claims, including D&O and professional indemnity mandates. She is highly rated for her knowledge of technology and cyber insurance issues."
Chambers Asia Pacific 2019
- A Leading Individual for 'Insurance (Hong Kong)'
"Joanie Ko 'has an eye for detail, provides robust advice and adopts a very holistic approach.'"
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2019
Joanie is a Partner in Kennedys Hong Kong office. She qualified in Hong Kong (2006), New South Wales Australia (2006) and England and Wales (2008).
Joanie advises on coverage, management and defence of insurance claims with a focus on financial lines including directors and officers insurance (including employment practices liability cover), financial institutions professional indemnity insurance, investment managers insurance, bankers blanket bonds insurance. She has significant experience in insurance related litigation and disputes. She is also a founder and leader of our APAC Cyber insurance practice with expertise in the provision of Cyber incident response services, coverage advice and policy drafting.