- Advising D&O Insures in respect of shareholder derivative, securities and ERISA claims brought against a leading oil producer, arising from an environmental disaster.
- Representing the insurers of one of Europe’s largest financial institutions on policy issues relating to the collapse of Euro 200million closed investment fund in Germany.
- Advising insurers on policy avoidance and coverage issues regarding an SFO investigation against the managers of a £36 million “green” fund which failed.
- Advising D&O insurers on coverage issues arising from numerous US securities claims brought against a leading pharmaceutical company.
- Defending the former Chief Executive Officer of a leading film production company in director disqualification proceedings brought by the UK’s Secretary of State for Business Information & Skills.
- Defending a fund administrator in multi-party declaratory relief proceedings in the English Commercial Court arising from the issue of Euro 30 loan notes to a Luxembourg fund.
- Defending the directors of a leisure management company in an unfair prejudice proceedings brought by minority shareholders in a joint venture company.
Andrew is a partner in our Dublin office and is a specialist in advising insurers on a range of claims, including directors’ and officers’ liability, financial institutions and professionals.
His insurance practice includes advising insurers on claims brought against the directors of leading multinational FTSE 100 and 250 companies, which can often involve complex allocation of loss issues, the application of dishonesty exclusions and alternative funding arrangements. His expertise also extends to defending directors in breach of duty claims and in disqualification proceedings.
Andrew’s experience advising on matters involving financial institutions includes complex first party and third party losses which involve banks, private equity houses, stockbrokers, investment managers and advisers located in the UK, Ireland and worldwide. As well as advising insurers, he also regularly represents investment managers in claims brought against them for breach of contract, negligence and breach of confidence.
He also advises clients on the wordings of warranty and indemnity insurance policies and has experience advising on "title and no search indemnity" insurance policies for multi-million pound distressed property portfolio acquisitions. Andrew has also carried out a number of due diligence reviews for insurer clients acquiring other businesses and has developed new transactional liability insurance products for London Market insurers, including capital relief products.
Andrew sits on the committee of the British Insurance Law Association (BILA)