- Acted for the UK’s largest life insurance company providing a Middle East regional compliance/regulatory solution while negotiating/drafting partnering agreements, reinsurance treaties and product wordings.
- Acted for two of the largest global health insurance providers in the international private medical insurance markets and advised them on regional licensing and corporate structure work in the Middle East region.
- Acted for one of the mainstream UAE insurance companies on separation of its license into general and life business. Presented to the UAE Federal Regulator (Insurance Authority) on the proposed structuring of this transaction.
- Successfully resolved a major regulatory issue for a global medical insurer with local Middle East and overseas regulators, resulting in reduced exposure to the client.
- Qualified in England and Wales in 1999
Simon is a corporate insurance and regulatory Partner in Kennedys’ Dubai office. He qualified as a barrister in England and Wales in 1999.
Simon specialises in corporate insurance and regulatory practice with extensive experience in representing insurers, insurance intermediaries, third party administrators and insurance consultants on a wide range of regulatory and transactional issues. He has a particular specialism in the healthcare sector, providing tailored legal and regulatory advice and support to international/regional medical insurers.
Simon deals with general commercial law matters in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) including drafting, negotiating and reviewing various commercial contracts for a number of industry sectors, including healthcare, distribution agents and general trading companies.
Simon is experienced in corporate transactional work, which includes advising on a range of matters including business start-ups, registration and licensing, mergers and acquisitions, and joint venture, shareholder, partnership and strategic alliance agreements.
Simon also advises corporates and individuals on UAE and Dubai International Financial Centre employment matters, including drafting and review of employment agreements, secondment arrangements, negotiations, employment disputes, settlement agreements and general advisory.