- A Recommended Lawyer for 'Dispute resolution: arbitration and international litigation (United Arab Emirates)'
"Peter Ellingham handle[s] insurance work, including claims concerning D&O, marine and fire policies."
The Legal 500 EMEA 2019
- A Notable Practitioner (Spotlight Table) for ‘Insurance (United Arab Emirates)’
“Clients recognise his availability and responsiveness, saying: ‘He was even available at the weekend, and even when he needed to take time to think, he was quick to respond.’”
Chambers Global 2018
- A Ranked Lawyer for ‘Dispute Resolution (United Arab Emirates)’; ‘Insurance (United Arab Emirates)’
“Clients say that Peter Ellingham ‘always provides great support, be it the advice given or the overall client service.’”
Chambers Global 2017
- A Leader in their field for ‘Dispute Resolution (United Arab Emirates)’; ‘Insurance (United Arab Emirates)’
“‘Peter was excellent. He put the claimant at ease and gave us very good advice on the jurisdiction, talking us through alternatives instead of encouraging litigation.’”
Chambers Global 2016
- Qualified in England and Wales in 1990
Peter is a Partner in Kennedys’ Dubai office. He qualified with Kennedys in 1990 in England and Wales, became a Partner in 1996 and was based in our London office before relocating to Dubai in 2012.
Peter specialises in insurance and reinsurance and dispute resolution, advising insurers (including reinsurers) and insurance intermediaries on issues of policy interpretation, claims avoidance, claims handling, litigation defence and alternative dispute resolution.
Peter is experienced in and advises across a wide range of insurance sectors, which is typical of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) region.
Peter has co-authored Practical Law Multi-Jurisdictional Guide – Insurance Guide 2016 – Dubai and Getting the Deal Through, Insurance and Reinsurance – United Arab Emirates, 2016 and 2017.