- Instructed in relation to multiple significant directors and officers and professional liability matters, including In re Mutual Funds Investment Litigation, mortgage-backed securities litigation, Libor-related litigation, as well as individual securities and ERISA class action and professional liability claims involving large US and non-US companies and service providers (including law firms, accountants, and consultants).
- Instructed in relation to significant, multi-million dollar individual and class action employment practices liability claims involving large US and non-US companies and financial institutions.
- Instructed in relation to multiple construction defect claims involving litigation pending in Nevada and California arising from building and conversion of condominium projects.
- Instructed in relation to a multi-billion claims against multiple companies in relation to various California wildfires.
- Instructed in relation to filing anti-suit proceedings in Bermuda and London with respect to enforcement of London and Bermuda arbitration provisions.
- Prevailed in a London arbitration with respect to a multi-million claim involving the insured’s manufacture and sale of building products.
- Acting for insurers in relation to personal injuries arising from a manufacturer’s sale of guardrail end terminal systems pending in multiple state and federal jurisdictions.
- The John Marshall Law School, JD (cum laude), 1996
- University of Kentucky, with honors, 1992
As a partner in our Chicago office, Eric has over 20 years’ experience representing insurance clients in the London, Bermuda, and US markets. His practice focuses heavily on coverage matters, such as directors’ and officers’ liability, professional liability, cyber liability, employment liability, managed care/healthcare, general liability (including the Bermuda Form), construction and reinsurance.
Eric has considerable experience in handling high-profile claims involving multi-million-dollar shareholder class actions, derivative actions, product liability and pharmaceutical claims, as well as claims arising from natural disasters.
Internationally, he is sought by clients seeking experienced representation for their complex litigation and arbitrations involving various types of policies and/or claims in the US, Europe, Asia, South America, the Middle East, the Caribbean and Australia.
Eric is also frequently asked to speak on various insurance-related topics and to contribute in the drafting of a range of insurance policies and endorsements.
Eric is a member of the American Bar Association: Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section, and the Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS). He received his law degree from The John Marshall Law School, cum laude, in 1996, where he served as Editor-in-chief of The John Marshall Law Review.