- Named in Best Lawyers for Insurance Law (2019)
- Ranked Chambers US Leading Lawyer for Insurance Litigation (2018)
- Named in Who’s Who Legal: Insurance & Reinsurance (2018)
- Named in Best Lawyers New York (2018)
- New Jersey Super Lawyers (2013-2018)
- Client Choice Award (2016)
- AV Peer Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- New Jersey
- New York
- US Court of Appeals, First, Second, Fourth, Fifth, Seventh, Ninth and Eleventh Circuits
- US District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- US District Court, New Jersey
- US District Court, Eastern, Northern and Southern Districts of New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- US District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- St. John's University School of Law, JD, 1992
- St. Joseph's College, BA (magna cum laude), 1988
Chris is a Partner in the New York and Basking Ridge offices and is a member of Kennedys’ Global Strategy Board. He has extensive experience in handling and resolving— through litigation, large commercial and alternative dispute resolution mechanisms — insurance coverage disputes, including those involving environmental, toxic tort, asbestos, construction, advertising liability, products, cyber, technology, property, automobile, and employment issues.
Chris has represented clients in insurance coverage disputes in virtually every state in the United States, on both the state and federal level, as well as in Bermuda, Canada, Puerto Rico, and throughout Europe. He also is experienced in resolution of reinsurance disputes and the drafting of reinsurance contracts. Chris often provides counsel to corporate clients on general business matters, contract negotiation, environmental litigation and compliance, and all types of commercial disputes.
Chris is a frequent lecturer on a myriad of insurance and litigation topics, including mediation and negotiation, bad faith, construction defect, toxic tort, hazardous waste and advertising liability. He is on the Editorial Advisory Board of Insurance Law & Litigation Week, a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America, a Fellow of the American College of Coverage and Extracontractual Counsel (ACCEC). Chris also is Chairman of the Board of Trustees of St. Joseph's College in New York.
The phenomenal Christopher Carroll represents insurers in a range of coverage disputes. He is described by market sources as "an excellent lawyer; absolutely top-notch." - Chambers USA 2018