Claims Apprentice 2019: the finalists revealed
We are very pleased to finally reveal the six successful claims professionals who have been chosen as finalists for the first series of Insurance Post's Claims Apprentice, in association with Kennedys.
The Claims Apprentice is a brand new enterprise, designed to unearth, showcase and help young talent working in the claims market; and follows the success of Post’s sister publication, Insurance Age’s Broker Apprentice, which has been running for the last five years.
The six finalists are:
- Dominic Dawkiw, motor claims team leader at RSA
- Laura Eccles, technical claims handler at Ecclesiastical
- Simerjit Kaur, senior claims handler for the major loss team at Allianz Insurance
- Tosin Omosebi, claims adjuster at QBE Insurance
- Alex Riley, global energy claims adjuster at Zurich Insurance (London)
- Verity Ross, motor expert claims handler at Zurich Insurance (Scotland)
This innovative six-episode video series, showcasing the young claims professionals above completing tasks related to the challenges the claims market currently faces, is designed to help them in their future careers and is due to be aired in March and April. The series is based on the BBC show 'The Apprentice', and we are delighted to demonstrate our support of the younger generation of claims professionals in the insurance industry.
This initiative complements Kennedys' annual involvement with the British Insurance Awards (BIA), through our continued sponsorship of the ‘Young Achiever of the Year’ award category. And reinforces our commitment to the development of the next generation of leaders in the insurance sector, which also aligns with the firm's own award-winning Apprenticeship programme.
To find out more about the candidates, via Insurance Post’s website, please click here.