- Sheldon Hurwitz Young Lawyer Award from the New York State Bar Association’s Torts, Insurance and Compensation Law section (TICL) (2008)
- TICL’s Chair of the Year Award (2012)
- New York
- US District Court, Colorado
- US District Court, Northern District of Florida
- US District Court, Massachusetts
- US District Court, Eastern, Northern and Southern Districts of New York
- Pace University School of Law, JD, 2001
- City College of the City University of New York, BA (magna cum laude), 1994
Joanna is a Partner in the New York office where she maintains a nationwide practice and actively provides comprehensive legal advice to US and London market insurers. Joanna also litigates insurance coverage issues related to high-exposure personal injury, mass tort, premises liability, property damage, professional liability, directors’ & officers’, public liability, bad faith, rescission, and breach of contract and fiduciary duty claims in state and federal courts. She has extensive experience analyzing and litigating the nuances of New York's Insurance Law and Labor Law.
In 2017, Joanna spent six months on secondment in London with a Lloyd’s syndicate learning about the intricacies of the London market and providing US legal advice regarding a variety of issues to claims and underwriting groups for all lines of business, as well as operations.
Since 2005, Joanna has been the co-chair of the Diversity Committee, and a member of the Insurance Coverage Committee, for the Torts, Insurance and Compensation Law (TICL) Section of the New York State Bar Association.