- Tony regularly lectures and writes for insurance trade press.
- He is Associateship of the Chartered Insurance Institute (ACII) qualified.
- A member of the Forum of Insurance Lawyers.
- He is highly regarded in both the energy and property insurance sector and is praised for “the speed and quality of service provided” in Gracechurch Consulting’s independent survey of the London insurance market 2013. The Gracechurch London Market Insurance Law Report 2016 described him as “...a good partner who knows his stuff. I think he's a very accessible guy and easy to relate to. He's easy to work with.” and "He understands what we need and is able to deliver that in an impartial way.”
- Qualified in England and Wales in 1998
Tony is a London-based partner, who trained and qualified as a solicitor at Kennedys in 1998. He specialises in property, energy, construction and engineering insurance and reinsurance claims. Tony advises on coverage matters and running subrogated recovery claims for insurers and reinsurers of corporates and high net worth individuals.
Tony has handled a large number of complex coverage matters involving a wide variety of different issues under operational and Contractors’/Erectors’ All Risks (CAR/EAR) policies arising from claims by UK, international and multinational insureds.
He has advised on jurisdictional issues and obtained injunctive relief in the English courts on a number of occasions for London Market and Bermudan (re)insurers. He has enforced arbitral proceedings in London in favour of court proceedings in a variety of complex jurisdictions in the US and elsewhere.
Tony has handled multiple large subrogated recoveries for the London Market including a £55m fire loss at a UK power station. He also managed a £3.5m Contribution Act claim arising from an explosion at an insured’s recycling plant that caused multi-party property damage and injury claims.