- Represented bus driver who was involved in a fatal collision with a child. The case attracted a high degree of media attention. Representations made following police interview resulted in no further action being taken against the driver.
- Successfully represented a driver who faced an allegation of careless driving following his involvement in a serious injury road traffic collision. Also handled consequential large loss civil claim involving a claimant with a serious head injury.
- Represented a bus driver following a fatal collision during police interview and thereafter inquest. Deceased’s family attempted to attribute blame to the driver.
- Robust representation resulted in a recognition by the coroner that the driver was not at fault.
- Represented a driver during inquest. Coroner’s remarks regarding the actions of the deceased helped us to argue that a high degree of contributory negligence should attach.
- Successfully defended a heavy goods vehicle driver who killed two occupants of a stationary vehicle, with recovery of defence costs. The acquittal meant that the company’s reputation was upheld.
- Successfully represented during police interview a driver facing two allegations of causing death by dangerous driving. The police took no further action against the driver.
Naomi is a partner who heads the motor crime team and splits her time between our Birmingham and London offices. Qualifying in England and Wales in 2008, she specialises in criminal representation of professional and lay drivers following serious injury and fatal collisions.
Naomi handles cases from the scene of an accident through to police interviews, court proceedings and indeed coroners’ inquests. She is a lawyer who achieves excellent results and is highly regarded by her clients.
Her depth of knowledge of personal injury claims (employers’ liability, public liability and motor), guarantees that she preserves the interests of any associated civil proceedings.
Naomi is a member of the Forum of Insurance Lawyers (FOIL) and is the author of a chapter on motor prosecution in the third edition of our guide for practitioners, ‘Claims Handling Law and Practice’, published in 2018.
- Qualified in England and Wales in 2008