- Acted in various major insurance cases including a maritime insurance dispute - acting for the Defendant in an amount of claim of over THB 5.4 billion
- Acted in reinsurance disputes - acting for the Plaintiffs in a claim with a value of over THB 3.5 billion, against the foreign reinsurers in both Thai and foreign jurisdictions.
- Represented Dhipaya Insurance Public Co., Ltd. in the court regarding the claim over THB 5.4 billion, resulting from the damage of an undersea pipeline and the additional cost for power generation caused by the suspension of natural-gas supply to power plants and business interruption, brought by Hyundai Heavy Industry Co., Ltd. and PTT PCL.
- Represented the leading Thai insurance companies in several claims; approximately in a total of THB 3.5 billion, against the reinsurers (Best Re, Asian Re and CCR) in connection to the reinsurance contracts.
- Represented the leading insurance companies in relation to property damages and business interruption claims in relation to the unrest in Thailand in May 2010.
- Represented PTT Global Chemical Co., Ltd. and Dhipaya Insurance Public Co., Ltd. in the court case in respect of filing a petition requesting the Court to detain the ship due to collision with the jetty.
- Represented United Thai Warehouse Co., Ltd., United Thai Logistic Co., Ltd. and QBE Insurance (Thailand) Co., Ltd. in both the litigation and the arbitration cases brought by the owners of the goods damaged by fire in the warehouse.
Yodwarat is a senior consultant in the Kennedys Bangkok office. Yodwarat joined Kennedys from ZICOlaw (Thailand) where he was a Partner. Prior to this, he was a Senior Associate in DLA Piper (Thailand).
Yodwarat is a fluent English speaker and has a Graduate Diploma in Maritime Management, University of Tasmania, Australia and obtained his Barrister at Law from the Thai Bar Association, his License to Practice Laws from the Thai Lawyer Association and his Bachelor of Laws from Sukhothaithammathiraj University, Thailand.
Yodwarat has extensive experience in advising on legal issues and handling cases in relation to various matters including insurance, international trade, international of goods, carriage of goods by sea, air, land and multimodal transport, ship collision and marine casualty insurance, general civil and commercial laws, labour and arbitration.
Yodwarat also advises on aviation matters, including through litigation, and assists doctors and hospitals on medical malpractice matters.”