- Acting for a private trust against an offshore bank in intended legal proceedings in Singapore. The dispute concerns the sale and redemption of certain properties in England which the bank agreed to but subsequently negated. The claim amount is in excess of S$1,000,000.
- Representing a high net worth individual in intended proceedings in Singapore and/or Hong Kong on an investment dispute concerning a listed company on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. The issues arising include allegations of breach of fiduciary duties and fraud.
- Acted for a prominent listed developer in High Court proceedings in relation to alleged defects / sinking driveway of an industrial building in Ubi. It involves novel issues on duty of care of a developer and what is the normal industry practice of a developer vis-à-vis developments built on marine clay. The claim is in excess of S$10 million.
- Acted for a distress fund based in Europe in SIAC arbitration in a claim exceeding US$18 million regarding the issuance and redemption of bonds by an Indonesian poultry conglomerate.
- Successfully struck out the action against a well-known corporation in a dispute between its shareholders / directors. The High Court case was reported in the Singapore Academy of Law Digest Issue 18/99.
Henry is a Partner at Kennedys Legal Solutions. He is qualified in Singapore since 1998.
Henry has more than 18 years of experience in commercial dispute resolution work. His practice covers a wide spectrum of work and as noted in The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2016, “Henry Heng’s workload spans areas such as shipping, projects and energy, and construction.” Henry’s depth of experience includes international and domestic arbitration, litigation, mediation as well as adjudication under the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act.
He has established a reputation in the industry as a commercially savvy and effective lawyer. Henry has a good grasp of issues as well as being able to provide workable commercial solutions. In the courtroom or before an arbitral tribunal, he is recognised as being quick-witted and a fiery advocate.
Henry is a Fellow of the Singapore Institute of Arbitrators and on the Panel of Arbitrators of the Law Society Arbitration Scheme. He is also an Associate Mediator with the Singapore Mediation Centre as well as the Law Society Mediation Scheme.
Henry speaks regularly at industry seminars and events, and has authored several publications relating to practical guidance on Contracts, as well as Mortgage Enforcement Proceedings which was delivered to renowned financial institutions. He is recognised by The Legal 500 as having a breadth of knowledge and acumen in commercial matters.