- Resolved professional negligence claims against a firm of solicitors involving more than 300 claimants.
- Defended a professional negligence claim against a firm of solicitors regarding the conveyancing advice provided before the purchase of land for development at over £6 million.
- Successfully obtaining the discontinuance of a £1.5 million broker’s negligence claim with an order for costs in the client’s favour.
- Turville Heath Inc v Chartis Europe Ltd . Advised insurers on property damage losses following a major fire at a pool house where the rebuild cost was claimed at £4 million.
- Advised insurers on a property damage claim following an escape of water at the insured’s property in France. The loss amounted to £750,000.
- Successfully commenced several recovery claims following damage caused to the insureds’ properties by defective plumbing.
- Qualified in England and Wales in 2005
Matt is a Partner in Kennedys’ London office.
He represents some of the market’s largest multinational insurers and their insured professionals, defending complex and high value claims. Matt defends a variety of professionals with a particular focus on architects, brokers, solicitors, surveyors and IT professionals. He also regularly handles high-value and complex subrogated recovery and property claims, often where insureds are high net worth individuals.
Matt advises insurers on policy coverage and acts in coverage disputes involving issues such as notification, aggregation and dishonesty.
Matt has particular experience in dealing with multi-party and group litigation matters.
He also has extensive experience in alternative dispute resolution, including expert determination and mediation. Matt has specific expertise in creating and managing electronic document management systems and e-disclosure systems.
Matt regularly contributes to industry publications, and lectures on civil litigation issues, professional negligence matters and subrogated recoveries. He is also involved in advocating the use of the professional negligence adjudication scheme.
He is a member of the Forum of Insurance Lawyers (FOIL), British Institute of International and Comparative Law and Chartered Insurance Institute.
In the Gracechurch London Insurance Law Report 2016, clients said: 'The relationship we have and the ease of communication are outstanding. We have known him for a while and he will break down things into layman's terms.'