- Alternative risk transfer arrangements, including captive formations and claims by captive insurers
- Aggregation issues
- Acquisitions, disposals and reorganisations of corporate reinsurers
- Asbestos and toxic tort claims
- Audits of underlying accounts across all classes of business
- Business interruption claims
- Dispute resolution including arbitration
- Drafting of reinsurance contracts and implementation of reinsurance structures
- Environmental claims
- Facultative and fronting arrangements
- Financial reinsurance
- Index linked securities and industry loss warranties
- Interpretation of reinsurance contracts
- Life reinsurance transactions, longevity and lapsation swaps
- Medical stop-loss and medical malpractice claims
- Property catastrophe disputes
- Restructuring and run-off
- Self-insured risks and self-insured pools
- Treaty programs.
Reinsurance rests as a cornerstone of risk management, financial planning, and capital consideration for insurers. Kennedys has an experienced teams of lawyers who have advised clients with regard to transactional, corporate and regulatory issues.
Reinsurance rests as a cornerstone of risk management, financial planning, and capital consideration for insurers. For these reasons, reinsurance arrangements and disputes are a significant financial concern for both ceding and assuming companies. Kennedys has an experienced teams of lawyers who have advised clients with regard to transactional, corporate and regulatory issues. We provide coverage advice, claim counselling, and representation to reinsurers in arbitrations and litigation around the world including some of the largest claims and catastrophes in:
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
- United States.
As a result, we are uniquely positioned to provide a global, national, or local perspective in assisting our reinsurance clients with handling emergent exposures, problematic coverage concerns, and risk underwriting.
In recognition of our proficiency and knowledge, Kennedys’ partners are active participants in the larger legal and reinsurance communities through membership and speaking engagements with the AIDA Reinsurance and Arbitration Society (ARIAS-US), the Association of Insurance and Reinsurance Run-Off Companies (AIRROC), and the Insurance & Reinsurance Legacy Association (IRLA), among others.