The GDPR is something that cannot be ignored. The regulation is demanding and will continue to present a myriad of issues for businesses.
At Kennedys, our service goes beyond simply advising on the technical aspects of the legislation. We combine our commercial nous and deep knowledge of the business environment, with a practical and hands-on approach, to develop solutions that are aligned to the needs of our clients.
Our lawyers are recognised for their expertise in helping at all stages of the data life cycle, covering:
- Assessment and audit: we can help you identify what information you have, where it is stored, and what processes you have for data protection already and whether your organisation is following good data protection practice.
- Implementation: what does GDPR mean for your organisation? Has your organisation introduced appropriate technical measures to implement the GDPR?
- Compliance: review your policies and assist in producing a comprehensive and effective privacy compliance framework to support your compliance claims.
- Training: provide training to all employees of your organisation on the requirements of GDPR and explain how compliance is the responsibility of everyone not just executives or board members.
- Security strategy: what steps can be taken to ensure the protection of data and avoid data breaches occurring or minimise their impact.
Our advice is pragmatic, straight-forward and commercially-focused, always with the long-term objectives and health of your business in mind.