- Notable Practitioner for 'Shipping international: Litigation (Singapore)'
"Nick Francis advises clients on a full range of dry shipping disputes, including shipbuilding disputes and sale and purchase disputes. He regularly advises insurance companies on shipping-related matters."
Chambers Asia Pacific 2020
- A Recommended Lawyer for 'Shipping: Foreign Firms (Singapore)'
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020
- A client notes that he "is very pragmatic and straight to the point, I like the fact that he never tries to drag things out unnecessarily and is very knowledgeable in his field." Another client highlights his "expertise, efficient work and customer-oriented approach."
Chambers Asia Pacific 2019
- Singapore-based Nick Francis is praised as “quick and responsive, and he has a good rapport with his clients”.
Chambers Asia Pacific
- Described by sources as a "very perceptive, commercial and cost-effective" practitioner, who is well known for his regional shipping litigation capabilities.
Chambers Asia Pacific 2018
Nick is a Partner with Kennedys Legal Solutions in Singapore and is also a partner in our Hong Kong office. He is qualified in England, Hong Kong and New Zealand, and speaks conversational Mandarin and Japanese.
Nick has been recognised as a leading shipping and international trade lawyer, having extensive cross-border experience with 18 years in Asia - having lived and worked in Japan, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Singapore. Although based in Singapore, the majority of his clients are in North Asia – particularly Japan and Korea, but also HK, Taiwan and the PRC.
Nick handles the full range of dry shipping disputes, as well as ship construction and ship sale and purchase disputes. He handles arbitrations in London, Singapore and HK – including as counsel. His clients includes P&I insurers, owners, operators and marine insurers.
Nick regularly speaks at seminars and has been recognised as “one of the names to note” by The Legal 500.