- Successfully handled insurance coverage claims on behalf of professional liability carriers sued by policyholders seeking insurance coverage.
- Successfully represented reinsurers against cedent insurers from inception of claim through arbitration.
- Successfully represented major domestic insurers in numerous lawsuits involving claims seeking coverage for environmental contamination and asbestos exposure.
- Successfully represented a major domestic manufacturer of recreational vehicles in numerous lawsuits across the United States alleging negligence and strict products liability.
- Successfully represented a major domestic and international manufacturer of medical imaging equipment in breach of contract actions in various jurisdictions throughout the United States.
- New Jersey
- New York
- US Court of Appeals, Armed Forces
- US Court of Appeals, Second, Fourth, Eleventh and Federal Circuits
- US Court of Federal Claims
- US District Court, Connecticut
- US District Court, New Jersey
- US District Court, Eastern, Southern and Western Districts of New York
- US Supreme Court
- St. John’s University of School of Law, JD, 1991
- State University of New York at Stony Brook, BA, 1988
Mike, a Partner in the firm’s New York office, is a seasoned litigator who has represented Fortune 500 clients, domestic and international insurers and reinsurers, and domestic and international product manufacturers and distributors. He has litigated extensively in various state and federal courts throughout the United States and has argued appeals at all levels.
Mike’s practice focuses primarily upon insurance coverage and reinsurance disputes. He handles all types of insurance-related claims, including those involving environmental, toxic tort, products, asbestos, construction, advertising liability, and professional liability issues. Mike also represents and advises clients in a wide variety of commercial matters, and has defended insureds against product liability, personal injury, maritime, and premises liability claims.
Active throughout the legal community, Mike is a frequent lecturer, and a former member of the Product Liability Committee for the New York City Bar Association. He received his undergraduate degree from the State University of New York at Stony Brook and is a graduate of St. John’s University School of Law where he was an Associate Editor of the St. John’s Law Review.