- Recommended Lawyer for 'Aviation (London)'
The Legal 500 UK 2018/19
- Notable practitioner for 'Aviation: Insurance (UK-wide)'
"Clients love him. He's very hands-on in the way he works."
Chambers UK 2019
- Leading Individual and described as "… well regarded by people in the market; insurers like him and use him”
Chambers UK 2017
- Recommended Lawyer, described as “pragmatic” and “a real fighter”
The Legal 500 UK 2017.
- Qualified as a Solicitor in England and Wales in 1997
Simon leads our London aviation practice. He qualified in 1997 and specialises in aviation-related liability issues. He has extensive experience in advising airlines and insurers on a wide variety of claims including baggage, cargo, personal injury and major catastrophes.
Simon is notable for his expertise in handling and coordinating claims worldwide, and is regularly instructed to advise on matters in the Middle East and Asia Pacific regions. Simon has spent three years working in Singapore, from 2001 to 2004.
He has been instructed to advise on major matters including a Pakistani air crash in Istanbul and a significant claim made in the Canadian Human Rights court for denied boarding. He has successfully defended Malaysia Airlines in the Court of Appeal on the most significant recent claim concerning the definition of ‘accident’ in a personal injury claim governed by the Montreal Convention.
Simon regularly lectures on aviation and insurance topics and writes for trade press and Kennedys publications. He is also a member of the Forum of Insurance Lawyers.