- Acting on behalf of a foreign insurer on a claim in excess of £100 million following the death of a high net worth individual in a road traffic accident – proceedings in England.
- Managing a £13 million claim involving a minor who is severely brain damaged after a car accident in France.
- Managed a £12 million claim involving a severely injured child. Claim settled at £7.7 million.
- Assisting a worldwide leader in the car rental business with their operations and claims handing in Europe and supervising several of their claims in the Netherlands, Belgium and France.
- Monitoring several claims on behalf of a worldwide medical device manufacturer in Belgium, Switzerland, Germany and France.
- Successfully assisted a British insurer for a product liability claim before France’s Civil Supreme Court (Cour de cassation).
- Managed a multi-million product liability case relating to a road traffic accident on behalf of a foreign insurer, which successfully settled.
Emilie studied in France and in England, and holds an LLM from the University of Kent in Canterbury awarded in 2009. She also holds a Masters of Law from the University of Paris Assas awarded in 2010.
Emilie is a Senior Associate who joined Kennedys' London office in 2012.
Her work centres on cross-border cases and litigation in foreign jurisdictions which she runs for UK insurers and insureds from London.
Increasingly she also acts before the English courts on behalf of foreign insurers where foreign law is applied. She is currently handling one of the largest dependency claim made in England on behalf of a European insurer.
Her focus is on motor/personal injury and product liability/life sciences claims.
Her caseload spans several jurisdictions including England, France, Belgium, Germany, the Netherlands, Italy, Eastern Europe, Canada and the US.
Emilie has considerable experience in managing motor and personal injury claims on behalf of British and foreign insurers in Europe and the UK including advice on liability and compensation awards.
She regularly acts for insurers and manufacturers in product liability cases in Europe and in England, and acts as monitoring counsel in several medical devices claims in EMEA jurisdictions.
Emilie has significant experience in auditing foreign books of business on behalf of British insurers and is often asked to assist British and American insurers with their claims handling operations in their European offices.
Emilie regularly delivers training to clients on handling claims in foreign jurisdictions and/or claims with a cross-border issue.
Emilie is a member of the Forum of Insurance Lawyers (FOIL), the Paris Bar Association and the Franco British Lawyers Society.
She contributed to all editions of the Kennedys Global Legal Handbook, a guide on the main legal and procedural issues of dozens of jurisdictions around the world.
- Qualified in England and Wales in 2012
- Qualified in France in 2012