- Top Lawyers of New York as published in the National Law Journal
- Top Lawyers of New York as published in New York Magazine
- AV Peer Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- New York
- US Court of Appeals, Second and Fourth Circuits
- US District Court, Eastern, Northern and Southern Districts of New York
- Tulane University School of Law, LLM (with distinction), 1989
- Duquesne University School of Law, JD, 1988
- Heidelberg College, BA, 1984
John is a Partner in the Basking Ridge office and represents clients with matters relating to marine casualties and wreck removals, transportation loss and damage (marine, air and surface), charter parties, maritime attachments, the drafting of bills of lading and service contracts, vessel financing and documentation, general corporate matters, corporate mergers and acquisitions, bankruptcy, international trade, public works projects, off shore mineral exploration, marine insurance coverage issues and international joint ventures.
Throughout his years of practice, he has represented virtually every category of transportation client – from maritime to surface to air – before federal and state courts and in arbitration proceedings before the Society of Maritime Arbitrators, the American Arbitration Association and the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services.
Widely regarded as an authority in transportation and trade law, John is the contributing author to "Goods In Transit," a seven-volume treatise on the law of transportation which encompasses marine, rail, truck and air transportation. He has contributed to the Society of Maritime Arbitrators Award Digest and has spoken on various topics related to transportation law.
John graduated with distinction from Tulane University School of Law in 1989 with a Master of Laws in Admiralty & Maritime, earned his law degree from Duquesne University, and holds a bachelor’s degree in Politics, Government and History from Heidelberg College.