- Handles claims connected with the largest corruption scandal in Latin America (Operation Car Wash), which have affected the directors’ and officers’ reinsurance placement.
- Acts for reinsurers involved in the collapse of a dam belonging to a Brazilian mining company, which caused a huge environmental disaster.
- Handled a trade credit claim for reinsurers, connected with the default and subsequent insolvency of a Brazilian sugarcane producer.
- Acts as monitoring counsel for reinsurers supporting the directors’ and officers’ policy of an oil and gas company in Argentina.
- Handled a claim sustained by a fish farm business based in Chile
Isadora Talamo is a qualified lawyer in Brazil, based in Kennedys’ London office, and registered with the Brazilian Lawyers Association since 2008. She started her career in the insurance market in Brazil in 2007, and over the years has acted as an in-house lawyer and reinsurance broker. In 2010 she moved to London to strengthen her experience with international reinsurers.
She represents reinsurers that have interest and retain business in Latin America, and her focus is financial lines and cyber claims, although she is also dealing with other lines of insurance. The matters that she deals with tend to be complex and often have cross-border elements.
In addition to the claims handling, Isadora has experience in drafting insurance wordings for financial lines and cyber liability insurance.